Wheel Loader Operator Certification
About this course: This training course consists of a classroom presentation and a written test followed by a hands-on skills testing session. The classroom portion focuses heavily on the safety, stability, and operational characteristics of today’s most commonly used Wheel loaders such as Caterpillar, Case, John Deere, International and more. The hands-on portion is a great opportunity for growth as new and experienced operators learn, share and demonstrate new skills in a safe environment under the direct supervision of an industry leading expert instructor. Learning how to accurately inspect and operate machines and the relevant workplace prior to use, (a strong focus in this curriculum) is a key element in reducing workplace accidents and injury. Finally, operators must pass a skills evaluation using current industry standards with approved documentation. Successful candidates receive a Certificate of completion and a Photo ID Operators card valid for 3 years. Applicable to Canada and US standards and regulations.
Classroom Duration: 4 hrs.
+ Practical Evaluation 2 hrs.
Successful Candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the following areas:
- OSHA Regulations 1926.602 (d) earth moving operator training
- Hydraulic Fluid/System Hazard awareness
- High Voltage Electrical Hazards
- Wheel loader safety systems
- Emergency procedures
- Main parts and functionality
- On-board ballast management systems
- Articulation attributes
- Pre-use & job site inspections
- Daily preventive maintenance
- Safe and effective operating procedures
- Center of gravity & combined center of gravity
- Stability traingles
- Safe refueling procedures
- Storage and transport procedures